Unitarian Universalism celebrates diversity away from sexes and you may gendered knowledge. This site has the benefit of means both you and your congregation can increase the allowed and you will inclusion off transgender anyone, very first meanings, and extra resources.
- End and then make assumptions on the gender identity otherwise intimate positioning.
- Value someone’s title and you will notice-label, and respect somebody’s chosen name and pronouns. Habit providing your own pronouns after you fulfill new people.
- Do not guess good trans people desires to talk about trans circumstances and only trans products. Engage her or him when you look at the dialogue and move on to see him or her since you perform some one. Learn more about transgender term and intercourse variety your self (consider you start with brand new info below).
- Keep in mind that “transgender” is not a sexual orientation and you can become knowledgeable while others on the distinctions ranging from intimate orientation and intercourse label/phrase. Cannot state “lesbian, gay, bisexual, and you can transgender” when you find yourself just delivering regarding the sexuality. Understand that an individual can choose with well over certainly those people labels.
- Use terminology one to include every sexes instead of merely several (e.g., “children” in the place of “girls and boys”; “people” as opposed to “gents and ladies”; “siblings,” “kindred,” otherwise “friends and family and you may sisters of the many genders” rather than “siblings”).
- Remark the congregation’s procedures and functions. Eg, are sex-exclusive teams including trans folks? Do those with low-binary identities have a method to be engaged? If you use forms one request intercourse, is the fact advice called for? In case it is, make it an open industry preferably, of course, if perhaps not, through the alternative “Transgender” and a refill-in-the-blank container, and allow people to check more than one field. Check out their congregation’s formula having youthfulness gatherings, your own Safe Congregation Rules, and.
- Keep in touch with youngsters about intercourse diversity. Render years-appropriate knowledge up to skills your gender label as well as how sex roles and norms play in our world.
- Employ sex simple toilet(s) and you will name all the bathrooms in the an inviting ways Poznaj fakty. Ensure that your signs throughout your area area the best way to all the bathroom choices.
- Do continuing education for your congregation particularly for the transgender things and sex variety. You can consider using one of the recommended curricula lower than, a motion picture demonstrating and you can discussion, a screen conversation, and/otherwise a great sermon on the topic.
- Understand regional and you will government rules and how to changes him or her when they not comprehensive (elizabeth.grams., non-discrimination rules to a job, property, borrowing, college and you may school admissions, and you can public rentals; title changes; and sex marker alter). Stick to the leaders from local and national transgender groups.
First Significance From the Gender Term
The culture tends to limit their understanding of gender to only two alternatives: child and lady. Unitarian Universalism understands that there are many more than simply two men and women, and you may an endless types of gendered expertise in the country.
This new biological characteristics instance anatomy, chromosomes, and hormones you to definitely up-date whether you’re male, people, or intersex. In which sex makes reference to biology, sex is the cultural and you will societal understandings which might be layered near the top of biology.
A person’s internal feeling of are a man, a woman, none of those, each other, etc-it is one’s inner sense of getting and you can your individual knowledge from just how that describes this new sex binary. Except for agender anyone, whom commonly don’t possess an internal sense of gender, most people features an intercourse label.
The ways in which a person manifests masculinity, femininity, each other, or none because of appearance, decisions, dress, message activities, needs, plus. That it label relates to exactly how a guy expresses their gender identity or perhaps the cues some body use to select intercourse.